LONDON (Hybrid Working)
A benchmarked salary between £43,050 - £49,350 based on your level within our progression framework. You can read more about our approach to performance, salary, and progression here.
👋 Who we are
Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Primark and Ford to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Peloton and Fever-Tree.
As a proud B Corp we care about People, Planet and Profit in equal measure. Working hard to attract, retain and develop the best social-first talent in our industry and creating a business and culture for them to thrive in.
We're an ambitious team of over 100 people and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for another Strategist to join our team.
Those who get their kicks from the thinking over the doing. Those who have a deep understanding of how social platforms work and how brands can drive tangible value from them. Those who actually get excited by a killer deck. You’ll play a key role at the start of a client’s journey with Born Social. You’ll pore over the brief, dissect the problem and identify the opportunity - creating a social strategy with effectiveness right at its core. You’ll then be responsible for working with the Account Team, ensuring it gets delivered as intended.
You'll report to a Senior Strategist, and take total responsibility for your projects. We don’t specialise in any particular sector, meaning any given brief presents completely new challenges and opportunities.
✏️ What you'll be doing:
- Conducting research, interviews, brainstorming sessions and workshops.
- Developing a clear understanding of client’s business environment and strategy.
- Performing competitive analysis, identifying opportunities in the landscape.
- Keeping in tune with new behaviours, platforms, tools that are changing the landscape.
- Generating strong actionable insights informed by data.
- Pitching and presenting, at both new business stage and project delivery.
- Setting robust KPIs to measure effectiveness of the strategy.
- Writing case studies and awards entries, proving effectiveness of our work.
- Leading on internal education and defining best social practice.
- Creating thought leadership content to position Born Social as industry leaders.
👀 Who we're looking for:
- You have at least of 2 years of agency experience in a strategy or account planning role
- You've got a deep understanding of social media and how it can be harnessed for a variety of businesses
- You have a good understanding of various strategy and insight frameworks
- You have a proven track record of conducting in-depth research and developing actionable insights
- You have solid deck writing and presentation skills
✌️ Our values:
Our values aim to pinpoint the magic ingredients for us at our best. We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
See Challenge as Opportunity... is about our attitude and to be very clear, this is not a value of optimism, nor is it about loving every challenge.
Say It Simply... is how we communicate. Think of the basic rules of communication - honest, clear, confident.
Do What You Say... is the crux of our reputation and longevity. When you join Born Social, our trust is fully given. It is yours to lose.
Make Each Other Better... is about our culture of collaboration and commitment to development. We are only as good as the people around us so we all take responsibility for developing each other, as well as ourselves.
Consciously Contribute...is bigger than all the others. It ensures we grow right. It broadens our focus beyond Born Social and cements our commitment to doing what’s just, not what’s easy or immediately self-serving.
💙 Everyone's welcome:
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.
⭐️ Perks & Benefits:
Flexibility 🤸 Core hours, hybrid working, and an allowance to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks each year
Holiday 🌴 25 days holiday allowance per year plus a 3-day company switch off between Christmas & New Year
Wellbeing 🧠 A choice of £30 monthly wellbeing budget, a Cash Health Plan, access to Spill (virtual mental health support), a trained team of Mental Health First Aiders, an annual Recharge Day and a Bike2Work scheme
Learning & Development 📚 £100 annual budget on Learnerbly (a curated platform of brilliant learning resources) and a central training budget for team-wide development
Contribute 🌎 Give one day to the world flexibly through On Hand - our volunteering app
Incentives 🏆 Monthly team-voted prizes to celebrate stand out individual performance and an annual profit share scheme - as the business grows, you'll be able to take a share of that growth home each financial year.
The Usual Suspects 👍 From pension scheme, death-in-service to enhanced parental leave from day one
Clubs ♣️ from Book Club to Film Club, Cycling Club to Tag Rugby Club there's something for everyone
Consciously Contribute 💙 Impact our sustainability goals by joining one of our Consciously Contribute Committees
Born Social 🎉 We like hanging out together and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun