LONDON (Hybrid Working)
A benchmarked salary between £44,280 to £50,760 based on your level within our progression framework. You can read more about our approach to performance, salary, and progression here.
👋 Who we are
Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Primark and Ford to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Peloton and Fever-Tree.
As a proud B Corp we care about People, Planet and Profit in equal measure. Working hard to attract, retain and develop the best social-first talent in our industry and creating a business and culture for them to thrive in.
We're an ambitious team of over 100 people across the UK and not stopping there. We're growing and looking for a new Creative to join our team.
As a Creative, you work closely with the Strategy team to understand our client's brief, challenges, and opportunities, and use these to build out creative concepts that achieve measurable results. You also work closely with your Creative team, briefing in and overseeing the production process to help bring your ideas to life.
Part of the beauty of Born is that we don’t specialise in any particular sector, meaning any given brief presents completely new challenges and opportunities.
✏️ What you'll be doing:
- Translating strategy into effective social-first creative ideas for pitch, project, always on and campaign work
- Building out social-first creative guidelines that span visual identity, art direction and tone of voice.
- Pitching and presenting, at both the new business stage and project delivery.
- Leading internal and external ideation workshops
- Building briefs and overseeing the creative production process to make sure all work aligns with your creative vision.
- Managing your allocated time efficiently and effectively to meet your client's scopes of work
- Producing thought leadership and internal education that continually helps to define and establish social best practice
- Supporting the writing of case studies and awards entries, proving creativity and effectiveness of our work
- Keeping in tune with new behaviours, platforms and tools that are changing the landscape
👀 Who we're looking for:
This role is perfect for anyone who's been in a social conceptual creative role, in-house or agency side, for the last few years. This could be a creative, creative lead, senior creative, art director, or copywriter. Creative Strategists are hybrids and pull on a variety of different creative skills, so you will need to have a body of work that shows this off. Specifically, we'll be on the lookout for someone with:
- You've got a minimum of 4 years agency experience in a conceptual creative or Creative Strategy role
- You have a deep understanding of social media and how it can be harnessed for a variety of brands and businesses
- You've got a solid understanding of various creative strategy and ideation frameworks.
- You have a proven track record of overseeing the creative production process
- You've got strong deck writing, formatting and presentation skills
✌️ Our values:
Our values aim to pinpoint the magic ingredients for us at our best. We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
See Challenge as Opportunity... is about our attitude and to be very clear, this is not a value of optimism, nor is it about loving every challenge.
Say It Simply... is how we communicate. Think of the basic rules of communication - honest, clear, confident.
Do What You Say... is the crux of our reputation and longevity. When you join Born Social, our trust is fully given. It is yours to lose.
Make Each Other Better... is about our culture of collaboration and commitment to development. We are only as good as the people around us so we all take responsibility for developing each other, as well as ourselves.
Consciously Contribute...is bigger than all the others. It ensures we grow right. It broadens our focus beyond Born Social and cements our commitment to doing what’s just, not what’s easy or immediately self-serving.
💙 Everyone's welcome:
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.
⭐️ Perks & Benefits:
Flexibility 🤸 Core hours, hybrid working, and an allowance to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks each year
Holiday 🌴 25 days holiday allowance per year plus a 3-day company switch off between Christmas & New Year
Wellbeing 🧠 A choice of £30 monthly wellbeing budget, a Cash Health Plan, access to Spill (virtual mental health support), a trained team of Mental Health First Aiders, an annual Recharge Day and a Bike2Work scheme
Learning & Development 📚 £100 annual budget on Learnerbly (a curated platform of brilliant learning resources) and a central training budget for team-wide development
Contribute 🌎 Give one day to the world flexibly through On Hand - our volunteering app
Incentives 🏆 Monthly team-voted prizes to celebrate stand out individual performance and an annual profit share scheme - as the business grows, you'll be able to take a share of that growth home each financial year.
The Usual Suspects 👍 From pension scheme, death-in-service to enhanced parental leave from day one
Clubs ♣️ from Book Club to Film Club, Cycling Club to Tag Rugby Club there's something for everyone
Consciously Contribute 💙 Impact our sustainability goals by joining one of our Consciously Contribute Committees
Born Social 🎉 We like hanging out together and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun