REACTIVE SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER ⚡️
LONDON (Hybrid Working)
A benchmarked salary between £29,400 to £35,700 based on your level within our progression framework. You can read more about our approach to performance, salary, and progression here.
👋 Who we are
Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Primark and Ford to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Peloton and Fever-Tree.
As a proud B Corp we care about People, Planet and Profit in equal measure. Working hard to attract, retain and develop the best social-first talent in our industry and creating a business and culture for them to thrive in.
We're an ambitious team of over 100 people across the UK & US and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for another Reactive Social Media Manager to join our team.
We have recently set up our Newsroom team - a team of reactive social specialists, dedicated to identifying and reacting to real-time moments in community & culture. You would join this team, working across 5 key clients.
✏️ What you'll be doing:
- Working with our team of "Culture Scouts" to identify the key moments in community & culture that are right to jump on for our brands.
- Community Management: Monitoring and responding to the messages we receive from our communities, as well as identifying proactive opportunities beyond our tagged mentions to engage with new audiences. Crafting social-first replies through relevant copy and creative tactics.
- Ideation: Pairing knowledge of social-first trends and audience insights with brand knowledge and tone of voice to ideate content, across all formats from written to visual responses.
- Lo-Fi content creation: Creating and editing native lo-fi assets (both meme and video formats) across Instagram Reels, Instagram Stories, TikTok, ensuring the content complies with best practise for each platform.
- Reporting: Using relevant dashboard to collect regular insights from content performance and sharing trends with the wider team, using these to iterate on our strategy and ideation.
- Newsroom Collaboration & Communication: Closely collaborating with other roles within the Newsroom to deliver output in a timely manner, ensuring there is seamless communication and collaboration, and ensuring involvement in any needed trouble-shooting to resolve any challenges.
👀 Who we're looking for:
- A creative, social native: You are well versed across the key social platforms, with experience of creating and editing your own native lo-fi content (TikTok & Reels)
- You are immersed in social and popular culture: The "chronically online" friend in the group, regularly keeping up to date with the latest social trends across platforms and in popular culture.
- You are quick-witted, and have a flair for comedic community management, able to "speak the internet" with a strong understanding of social in-jokes and language.
- You enjoy working fast: You enjoy thinking on your feet, moving fast to adapt and react to the latest daily trends. The role is best suited to someone who thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment, with plenty of variety every day.
- You are collaborative: The Newsroom team requires all hands on deck, with lots of in-person communication and collaboration.
✌️ Our values:
Our values aim to pinpoint the magic ingredients for us at our best. We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
See Challenge as Opportunity... is about our attitude and to be very clear, this is not a value of optimism, nor is it about loving every challenge.
Say It Simply... is how we communicate. Think of the basic rules of communication - honest, clear, confident.
Do What You Say... is the crux of our reputation and longevity. When you join Born Social, our trust is fully given. It is yours to lose.
Make Each Other Better... is about our culture of collaboration and commitment to development. We are only as good as the people around us so we all take responsibility for developing each other, as well as ourselves.
Consciously Contribute...is bigger than all the others. It ensures we grow right. It broadens our focus beyond Born Social and cements our commitment to doing what’s just, not what’s easy or immediately self-serving.
💙 Everyone's welcome:
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.